Scotland’s colleges and universities can make practical changes across campus that will support a smoke-free culture and in doing so gain recognition.
ASH Scotland can support colleges and universities to…
- review existing tobacco policies in line with legislation, current evidence and up-to-date information.
- create a tobacco-free culture on campus with our easy to follow five step guide that helps institutions to review their existing position on tobacco and make realistic changes.
- access a range of free guidance and resources to help work towards a smoke-free culture including example consultations, template policies, timelines and a range of signage.
- develop a communication strategy so that the vision for developing a smoke-free campus is known and understood
- plan practical changes across campus and implement tobacco prevention activities throughout the academic year.
Get in touch to see how we can help with advice and resources to help with developing your approach.
Recognition and accreditation for your institution…
- sign up to the Healthy Body, Healthy Mind Award: These awards support colleges and universities in improving student and staff well-being, and recognise positive changes on campus. In receiving an Award, institutions demonstrate how they are encouraging sports and physical activity, a smoke-free culture and good mental health
- understand tobacco, and meet the Healthy Body Healthy Mind award criteria, through our free, accessible eLearning
- recognise and accredit the progress your institution is making through the Healthy Body Healthy Mind Award criteria and become a Charter for a Tobacco-free Generation signatory
We have produced illustrative case studies from institutions who have taken practical steps across campus to bring about positive change: